Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My 10 Criteria For Assessing the Merit of a Film

1. Who are the actors?
2. How well does the actor portray the role of the character?
3. What are the major issues dealt with in the film?
4. Are there smooth transitions from scene to scene?
5. Is there closure at the end of the film?
6. Does the character emotionally connect to me?
7. What is the setting?
8. How do I feel at the end of the film?

I love "Mrs. Doubtfire"! Robin Williams is one of the funniest comics alive and he portrays not only one, but two characters so well.

"Paris Je T'aime" was a really good film and I really liked this film because the several actors portray their roles with a conviction that I believe in, for example, the scene "Place des fetes" where the Nigerian man fell in love with the paramedic who never remembered him until he died. Each short film taps into emotions that all humans relate to and deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment